General Assembly is coming back to Indianapolis!
Help us welcome Disciples to Indiana in July by volunteering and registering!
Save on your registration by volunteering to help host the Assembly. As many as 1,000 volunteers are needed to assist with various aspects of the Assembly. Sign up to help via the following link: Volunteer Sign-Up and then contact Amelia Walker, email@example.com, to request a code to register for the discounted price of $125.
Here are the areas that need volunteers below. Sign up today!
- 8 people to serve on the Local Transportation committee. This involves sitting at the Transportation booth in the Convention Center; Scheduling and coordinating bus and van transportation for Assembly work trips, off-site venues and volunteer shuttling.
- 6 people for each pre-school session. (Sunday 1:30-5:00; Monday-Wednesday 8:30-12:00; Monday-Wednesday 1:00-5:00; Saturday-Wednesday 7:00PM-9:00PM). Volunteers must be 18 or older. Volunteers can be individuals or a volunteer group willing to cover an entire session.
- 130 more people to help serve communion during Assembly services. Communion will be served on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday worship services.
- Outreach Mission activity needs 4 committee members that will oversee the Mission sites and serve as liaisons for out of state volunteers. Also, volunteers to man the Mission booth for one hour shifts (Sat,Mon,Tues 9:00-6:00; Sun 1-6; Wed 8:00-1:00).
- 25 more Ushers. Ushers must be seminary/divinity school, college, or a current XPLOR resident. Ushers are paid $25 for each business session they serve during the Assembly.
- 10 people to serve on the Hospitality & Security activity. The people walk around the common areas of the convention center welcoming people and answering basic questions. Others check for registration badges for those entering the exhibit hall.
- 10 people to work with the Elementary age program using the Global Ministries Middle East curriculum. This will happen Sunday afternoon, and Monday through Wednesday mornings. Much like a Vacation Bible School.
- 10 persons to assist with field trips for Elementary age children on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons to venues like the zoo, Children’s Museum, and Conner Prairie.
- 20 persons to work with Chi Rho (middle school) programming. 10 for the mornings, Monday-Wednesday, and 10 for the afternoon.
- Many singers for the All-Assembly Choir who will lead worship on Wednesday evening. They will rehearse on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.