- Download Event Poster (.pdf)
- Date: 7:00 PM Friday, April 28th, 2017 to 11:00 AM on Sunday, April 30th
- Cost: $112/person
5282 N Old US 31
Rochester, IN, 46975
Geneva Center Website
Registration for the 2017 Spring Youth Assembly April 28-30 at Geneva Center is now open! The Assembly is for middle school and high school students ages 11-18. Each church group must be accompanied by at least one adult sponsor.
Our keynote leader is Rev. Julian Deshazier, Senior Pastor at University Church Chicago. Registration is all-inclusive: four meals from breakfast Saturday to breakfast Sunday, two nights lodging, t-shirt, snacks, etc. for $112/person for youth and leaders. The Assembly will begin at 7:00 PM Friday, April 28th, 2017 and conclude by 11:00 AM on Sunday, April 30th. Geneva Center is located at 5282 N Old US 31 Rochester, IN 46975, less than 2 hours north of Indianapolis. The deadline to register is April 17th.
The Assembly’s theme will be an introduction to that of this year’s General Assembly July 8-12 in Indianapolis: ONE – from John 17: 20-21a which says, “I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one.”
What to bring to Assembly:
- Toiletry articles: towels, wash cloths, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb/brush, soap in container, etc.
- Bible, pen/pencils, writing paper
- Sturdy shoes safe for ropes course (if weather allows)
- Shirts: sweatshirt, sweater, light jacket
- Sheets (light cotton blanket, if desired). Sleeping bag/bedroll, pillow/pillow case
- Flashlight, camera (optional)
- Any medication you are currently taking (These must be turned into your adult sponsor during Assembly and dispensed as directed.)
Perhaps the most important thing that you can do to help your group build a Christian community is to consider why you are coming to Assembly. It is a place to retreat, to be away from the rest of the world so that we can focus on what it means to follow Jesus Christ, to be members of God’s family. . . and to have fun, too. This is why we are clear about what we do bring to Assembly, don’t bring to Assembly, and how we live and treat each other while we are at Assembly.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Cell Phones
- Expensive Jewelry
- Good Luggage
- Radio/CD players/MP3 Players/iPads/iPods
- Illegal drugs of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages
- Smoking materials or any other tobacco products
- Weapons (presence of these at Assembly are grounds for being sent home)
For questions, please contact the Minister of Faith Formation, Maggie Archibald (email@example.com).