Faith Formation refers to the ways we grow in faith as individuals and as community. Faith Formation is also about the ways we share our faith from generation to generation. We seek to provide resources, experiences, and support for similar ministries in local congregations.
Scripture is filled with stories of people experiencing God in the beauty and power of Creation. For thousands of years, God’s people have looked at the world around them to learn about God’s presence in their life. Camps are designed to bring children and youth into the beauty of creation and into the power of community. These intentional events are divided by age, and often by special focus.
Camps are run by volunteer directors and counselors from our local congregations. This is truly a shared ministry. All volunteers are screened and receive a background check. Support staff such as life guards, first aid, and cooks are hired to help our volunteers provide a wonderful experience in a safe environment.
To apply for a COUNSELOR or DIRECTOR position download the 2019 application HERE. All counselors and directors must submit a health form. (see link below)
If you are interested in working in a STAFF position at the Bedford camp as assistant cook, life guard, first aid director or dishwasher download the 2019 application HERE.
Camp Dates 2019
(completed Gr. 6-8)
|June 24-29||July 15-20|
(completed Gr. 9-12)
|June 24-29||July 1-6|
(completed Gr. 6-12)
(completed Gr. 6-12)
(completed Gr. 4-5)
|June 10-15||July 8-13|
(completed Gr. 1-3)
|June 17-19||June 24-26|
|You & Me 1
(ages 5 and up + adult)
|June 12-15 (4 days)|
|You & Me 2
(ages 5 and up + adult)
|June 20-22 (3 days)|
Full Week: $310 / Four-Day Camps: $265 / Three-Day Camps: $205
Add $25 for registrations submitted after May 15.
BEDFORD CAMPS – Register Here:
– OR –
download a printable 2019 registration form for BEDFORD Camps HERE
Online and Printable Registration forms for GENEVA Camps HERE
Complete 2019 camper/counselor health form HERE
Director/Counselor Training: All directors and counselors camp training event will be announced in 2019. This gathering will be an opportunity to ask questions about the age-specific curriculum, team building, fellowship, and maybe even eliminate the need for a long training the night before your camp! Lunch will be provided. RSVP by May 26thth to Charissa Ramey, if you are able to attend and how many counselors you will be bringing in order to ensure proper numbers for food preparation.
Youth – Spring Youth Assembly
- Youth in grades 6 – 12 gather each Spring for worship, fellowship, learning and service.
- Each congregation provides their own adult leaders and programming is led by the Indiana Youth Council (IYC)
- The 2019 Spring Youth Assembly takes place on March 1-3 at Bradford Woods in Martinsville, Indiana. The assembly’s theme is “Tell Your Story.” The cost is $115, which covers snacks, lodging, meals, and meeting space.
Register online for the 2019 Spring Youth Assembly HERE
Download a printable registration form
Download a printable health form
Download 2019 Spring Youth Assembly Flyer HERE
IYC (Info and application)
- Youth who are in High School may apply in the Spring to serve on the Indiana Youth Council. Selections are made by the current IYC members and appointments made by the end of Summer. Those who have graduated may no longer serve on IYC. Many colleges and universities related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) offer scholarships for youth who serve on such teams.
- 2019 IYC Application Form
RECONciliation Tours and National Trip
- Over the next few years, teams of 4 (2 youth and 2 adults) will travel across Indiana and across the country to explore ministries addressing racism and reconciliation. These travelers will gather together after their travels to share new ideas and encourage new ministries. Youth in grades 9 – 12 and adults who are at least 25 years old may apply.
- As part of the Oreon E. Scott grant, the youth who participated in the regional phase of this project can apply to go on a national trip and learn more about the intersection of race and other matters in which the Church must be involved. During this trip we will visit in Atlanta, GA the Civil and Human Rights Museum, The Historical Eben-Ezer Baptist Church, and The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, we will also hear and learn from El Refugio (a ministry of hospitality and visitation serving immigrants detained at Stewart Detention Center and their families and friends). We will also make a stop in Montgomery, AL and visit the Equal Justice Initiative National Memorial for Peace and Justice. During this weekend we will also share in worship with one of our many Disciples congregations in Atlanta.
Children Worship and Wonder
- Children Worship & Wonder offers an exciting way to approach faith formation with children. The approach recognizes children as spiritual beings who already have a relationship with God. Through Children Worship & Wonder, children learn about God as they experience God. They hear Bible stories in a way that allows them to enter into the stories and form responses out of their own life experiences. Children Worship & Wonder can be used with children beginning at age 3. A wide age range can be grouped together in one class. It is a Montessori influenced program that often works wonders with children who have attention deficit problems.
- You can be trained to become a Worship & Wonder Trainer. Learn more and register.
*Information taken from the Disciples Home Missions Children’s Ministries webpage.
OTHER (Links, Resources, etc.)
- Disciple Youth Ministry Network (for adult leaders)
Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call.The Indiana Women’s Counsel seeks to facilitate opportunities for gathering and connecting the Disciples Women of Indiana, and would be pleased to receive ideas and suggestions for new ways to bring the Indiana women of faith together. Feel free to be in touch with Maribeth Westerfield Blackman with ideas and questions at email@example.com
- Women’s Spring Event
- Women’s Fall Retreat
- OTHER (Links, Resources, background on women in leadership, etc)
Disciple Men’s Ministry is an opportunity for men from each congregation to learn, grown, and serve together. Our primary connection point comes at retreats, held at our Outdoor Ministry locations.
- Lifelong Faith – Intergenerational Journal and resources
- Vibrant Faith Ministry – Training and resources for intergenerational ministry