CONTENTS: Faith Formation Tool Box / Camps / Youth & Children / Men & Women’s Ministries
Faith Formation refers to the ways we grow in faith as individuals and as community. Faith Formation is also about the ways we share our faith from generation to generation. We seek to provide resources, experiences, and support for similar ministries in local congregations.
Share Your Faith Formation Ideas
- Linwood Christian Church, Indianapolis, may use the Barbee Blessing gift for faith formation to take middle schoolers and others to Cane Ridge. “We are [also] looking at building on camp experiences with middle schoolers, and thinking about how we can reach out to children in our neighborhood.”
- “We are helping to cover costs for an upcoming Disciples retreat between our three churches in South Bend, Elkhart, and Mishawaka.” – Dean Heisey, Co-Pastor, Southside Christian, South Bend (in response to the Barbee Blessing gift)
Email your faith formation ideas to email@example.com
Faith Formation Grant
The Regional Board approved guidelines submitted by the Faith Formation Commission establishing the opportunity for congregations to apply for faith formation grants of up to $5,000. The grants will be funded by a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the Barbee Christian Camp.
The intention is to form a partnership between congregations and the Region in significant new expressions of ministry that will enable the development of faith communities that are more effectively involved in faith formation.
2019 camp registrations are now closed.
Scripture is filled with stories of people experiencing God in the beauty and power of Creation. For thousands of years, God’s people have looked at the world around them to learn about God’s presence in their life. Camps are designed to bring children and youth into the beauty of creation and into the power of community. These intentional events are divided by age, and often by special focus.
Camps are run by volunteer directors and counselors from our local congregations. This is truly a shared ministry. All volunteers are screened and receive a background check. Support staff such as lifeguards, first aid, and cooks are hired to help our volunteers provide a wonderful experience in a safe environment.
To apply for a COUNSELOR or DIRECTOR position download the 2020 application HERE. All counselors and directors must submit a health form. (see link below)
If you are interested in working in a STAFF position at the Bedford camp as assistant cook, life guard, first aid director or dishwasher download the 2020 application HERE.
2019 Camp Dates
(completed Gr. 6-8)
|June 24-29||July 15-20|
(completed Gr. 9-12)
|June 24-29||July 1-6|
(completed Gr. 6-12)
(completed Gr. 6-12)
(completed Gr. 4-5)
|June 10-15||July 8-13|
(completed Gr. 1-3)
|June 17-19||June 24-26|
|You & Me 1
(ages 5 and up + adult)
|June 12-15 (4 days)|
|You & Me 2
(ages 5 and up + adult)
|June 20-22 (3 days)|
Full Week: $ / Four-Day Camps: $ / Three-Day Camps: $
Add $25 for registrations submitted after May 15.
If using Internet Explorer, use the most current version (11+), or switch to another browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.) for best registration functions.
– OR –
download a printable 2019 registration form for BEDFORD Camps HERE
Online and Printable Registration forms for GENEVA Camps HERE
Complete 2020 camper/counselor health form HERE
Director/Counselor Training: All directors and counselors camp training event will be announced in 2019. This gathering will be an opportunity to ask questions about the age-specific curriculum, team building, fellowship, and maybe even eliminate the need for a long training the night before your camp!
Youth – Spring Youth Assembly
- Youth in grades 6 – 12 gather each Spring for worship, fellowship, learning and service.
- Each congregation provides their own adult leaders and programming is led by the Indiana Youth Council (IYC)
IYC (Info and application)
- Youth who are in High School may apply in the Spring to serve on the Indiana Youth Council. Selections are made by the current IYC members and appointments made by the end of Summer. Those who have graduated may no longer serve on IYC. Many colleges and universities related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) offer scholarships for youth who serve on such teams.
- 2019 IYC Application Form
Children Worship and Wonder
- Children Worship & Wonder offers an exciting way to approach faith formation with children. The approach recognizes children as spiritual beings who already have a relationship with God. Through Children Worship & Wonder, children learn about God as they experience God. They hear Bible stories in a way that allows them to enter into the stories and form responses out of their own life experiences. Children Worship & Wonder can be used with children beginning at age 3. A wide age range can be grouped together in one class. It is a Montessori influenced program that often works wonders with children who have attention deficit problems.
- You can be trained to become a Worship & Wonder Trainer. Learn more and register.
*Information taken from the Disciples Home Missions Children’s Ministries webpage.
OTHER (Links, Resources, etc.)
- Disciple Youth Ministry Network (for adult leaders)
Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call.The Indiana Women’s Counsel seeks to facilitate opportunities for gathering and connecting the Disciples Women of Indiana, and would be pleased to receive ideas and suggestions for new ways to bring the Indiana women of faith together. Feel free to be in touch with Maribeth Westerfield Blackman with ideas and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Registration (Spanish)
What to Bring to the Retreat
What to Bring to the Retreat (Spanish)
Disciple Men’s Ministry is an opportunity for men from each congregation to learn, grown, and serve together. Our primary connection point comes at retreats, held at our Outdoor Ministry locations.
- Lifelong Faith – Intergenerational Journal and resources
- Vibrant Faith Ministry – Training and resources for intergenerational ministry