Faith Formation refers to the ways we grow in faith as individuals and as community. Faith Formation is also about the ways we share our faith from generation to generation. We seek to provide resources, experiences, and support for similar ministries in local congregations.
Share Your Faith Formation Ideas
- Linwood Christian Church, Indianapolis, may use the Barbee Blessing gift for faith formation to take middle schoolers and others to Cane Ridge. “We are [also] looking at building on camp experiences with middle schoolers, and thinking about how we can reach out to children in our neighborhood.”
- “We are helping to cover costs for an upcoming Disciples retreat between our three churches in South Bend, Elkhart, and Mishawaka.” – Dean Heisey, Co-Pastor, Southside Christian, South Bend (in response to the Barbee Blessing gift)
Email your faith formation ideas to email@example.com
Faith Formation Grant
The Regional Board approved guidelines submitted by the Faith Formation Commission establishing the opportunity for congregations to apply for faith formation grants of up to $5,000. The grants will be funded by a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the Barbee Christian Camp.
The intention is to form a partnership between congregations and the Region in significant new expressions of ministry that will enable the development of faith communities that are more effectively involved in faith formation.
Scripture is filled with stories of people experiencing God in the beauty and power of Creation. For thousands of years, God’s people have looked at the world around them to learn about God’s presence in their life. Camps are designed to bring children and youth into the beauty of creation and into the power of community. These intentional events are divided by age, and often by special focus.
Camps are run by volunteer directors and counselors from our local congregations. This is truly a shared ministry. All volunteers are screened and receive a background check. Support staff such as lifeguards, first aid, and cooks are hired to help our volunteers provide a wonderful experience in a safe environment.
To apply for a COUNSELOR or DIRECTOR position download the 2023 application HERE. All counselors and directors must submit a health form each year and must have a background check every three years.
If you are interested in working in a STAFF position at the Bedford camp as assistant cook, life guard, first aid director or dishwasher download the 2022 application/background check release form HERE.
2023 Camp Poster (to come)
Camp Fees (to come for 2023):
2022 Early Bird Camp Fees (before May 15):
6-day camps: $440; 3-day camps: $260
Cancellations made within the two weeks prior to your camp start date will result in a refund of payment minus $25.
2023 Bedford Camps
Online Registrations (to come):
- June 19-24: Explorers
- June 26-28: New Beginnings
- June 29-July 1: You & Me (new in 2023)
- July 3-8: High School
- July 10-15: Middle School
- 2023 Bedford printable registration form (to come)
- 2023 Bedford online health form
- 2023 Bedford printable health form (to come)
- “What to take to Camp” and other camp info (to come)
- Map to Bedford Camp & Conference Center
2023 Geneva Camp Dates:
June 12-14: You & Me 1
June 12-17: Explorers
June 15-17: New Beginnings
June 19-21: You & Me 2
June 19-24: M.A.D.
June 26-July 1: High School & Middle School Traditional
June 26-July 1: C.R.O.S.S.
Register for all Geneva Registrations HERE (to come)
- What to bring to camp (to come)
- 2023 Summer Camp at Geneva Brochure (to come)
- Map to Geneva Camp & Conference Center
- A “Medical” section is included in Geneva’s online registration tool
2022 Camp Scholarship Application (to come)
Submit at time of registration to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Christian Church in Indiana
Attn: Sandy Kincaid
1100 W. 42nd Street, Suite 150
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Director/Counselor Training: All directors and counselors camp training event will be announced in 2023. This gathering will be an opportunity to ask questions about the age-specific curriculum, team building, fellowship, and maybe even eliminate the need for a long training the night before your camp!
COVID INFORMATION (2021)
- A licensed medical professional will be present at all camps.
- The ways in which we clean will change. For example, sanitizing after meals will be done by adults instead of by campers.
- Sanitizer stations will be everywhere campers gather.
- Social distancing will be encouraged.
- As of right now, our camps will be registered at half capacity with the possibility that this could change as camp season grows closer.
- Masks will be required in all common areas.
- Upon arrival to camp, temperatures will be taken before campers exit the car.
Youth – Spring Youth Assembly
- Youth in grades 6 – 12 gather in the spring for worship, fellowship, learning and service.
- Each congregation provides their own adult leaders and programming is led by the Indiana Youth Council (IYC)
- Information for 2023 Assembly to come
Children Worship and Wonder
- Children Worship & Wonder offers an exciting way to approach faith formation with children. The approach recognizes children as spiritual beings who already have a relationship with God. Through Children Worship & Wonder, children learn about God as they experience God. They hear Bible stories in a way that allows them to enter into the stories and form responses out of their own life experiences. Children Worship & Wonder can be used with children beginning at age 3. A wide age range can be grouped together in one class. It is a Montessori influenced program that often works wonders with children who have attention deficit problems.
- You can be trained to become a Worship & Wonder Trainer. Learn more and register.
*Information taken from the Disciples Home Missions Children’s Ministries webpage.
OTHER (Links, Resources, etc.)
- Disciple Youth Ministry Network (for adult leaders)
Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call.The Indiana Women’s Counsel seeks to facilitate opportunities for gathering and connecting the Disciples Women of Indiana, and would be pleased to receive ideas and suggestions for new ways to bring the Indiana women of faith together. Feel free to be in touch with Rev. Cheryl Russell with ideas and questions at email@example.com