*Funds for 2015 have been used. Please consider applying in 2016.
The Commission on Ministry, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Indiana, has limited continuing education funds available for ministers with standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Indiana under the following criteria (approved by the Commission on Ministry).
- Recipients shall be ministers (licensed or ordained) with standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Indiana.
- Awards will be made on the basis of need to persons who have no congregational support as well as those who have some matching funds.
- Recipients shall be limited to one grant in the calendar year.
- Grants are primarily for persons with modest income.
- Normally, the congregation, or other employer, shall be expected to pay a portion of the cost of the program for which the aid is requested. A statement of Board action relative to the employer’s contribution shall be submitted with the application from an official other than the applicant.
- Normally, the grant from the Commission on Ministry shall not exceed $350.
- Grants will be awarded to support only continuing education events which are not related to degree programs.
- Normally, the decision concerning grants will be made by the Chair of the Commission on Ministry in consultation with the Regional Staff member assigned to the Commission on Ministry.
The Commission regrets that the requests for Continuing Education Scholarships exceed the funds available. Some requests, therefore, will be denied. Preference will be given to those whose need appears most urgent and the greatest. [download id=33 format=1].
Other Continuing Education Resources
- Disciples Home Missions – seeks to support ordained clergy in a program of life-long learning. Eligibility requirements and an online application for continuing education grants are available on the Disciples Home Missions web site.
- The Lilly Endowment – provides grants to congregations that allow clergy to step away for a time of reflection and renewal. The Indiana and National Clergy Renewal Programs are administered by Christian Theological Seminary. Applications are available online through CTS. The application deadline for activities in 2014-2015 is April 19, 2013.
- *Funds for 2015 have been used. Please consider applying in 2016.